Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service

A great memorable customer experience I’ve had by far was with Amazon. Amazon had recently introduced Amazon Prime which included: FREE Two-Day shipping on most products, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Instant video, and something with Kindle (I don’t own one). The only thing I saw was Free Two-Day shipping. Free Two-Day Shipping! Not only do I not have to pay for shipping and handling, but my package will arrive at my home within Two-Days. I mean this just blew my mind away and I could try it “free” for a month. This was a dream come true for anyone who had to wait a month for a package to arrive and then forgetting all about it by the time it arrived. However, this all came with an annual charge of $99 dollars which is quite a lot of money for most college students. Even though, Amazon gave you the option of canceling the subscription before the trial was over like most other “free” trials.  I instantly signed up and bought a few things here and there.  I assumed that I was going to remember to cancel the trail before the $99 dollars were charge to my account. Of course, later on I had completely forgotten all about it. Until, the horrid day that checked my bank account and there it was a charge of $99 dollars from Amazon. “What is this?” I said. Why Amazon charging me $99 dollar for!? I was angry and confused because I didn’t remember ordering anything for $99 dollars. I began to assume the worst like: someone hacked to my account, my sister used my account to buy something, or Amazon has hidden fees they don’t tell you about. I quickly looked there customer service number and dialed ready to take a stand. As the gentleman on the other side of the phone began explain that the charge was because of the Amazon Prime trial. “That’s right; I signed up for Amazon Prime. How could I forget to cancel it,” I thought. Defeated I told him and he said “No worries, will take the charge off your account.” That instantly brought a smile to my face I couldn’t believe that was it. It was taken care of just like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment